Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit is influenced by the course of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specific. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal equipment systems type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear systems type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating desk, observe in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm examine the gear box rating horizontally for various course of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected such that the ranked HP is equal or even more than the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will be suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for insight rpm of 720 in class II duty the rated HP is 9.5
· Because the consumed HP is usually 9, the unit HB-350 will be suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will end up being suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in class IV duty the ranked HP is 3
Need to learn about crane duty helical gearbox? Discover below.